Conference Tables from Watson Furniture
are no longer the single source for collaboration. Productive
teamwork often results from impromptu hallway exchanges, casual
lounge room chatter, interdepartmental brainstorming sessions, and
project room all-nighters. Our emergent collaborative culture
demands environments that support digital tools and shared work in
open and enclosed spaces strategically located throughout the work
place. Miro Conference offers a modern, sustainable, and
tech-ready line of tables and storage components designed to keep
teams plugged in, while delivering a purposeful environment for
workspace collaboration. Miro's strong blend of environmentally
preferred materials, advanced design for today's technologies, and
broad range of styles and price points place the offering in a
unique position in the marketplace. Click here for
Conference Table With Two PME 5-3 Power / Data Modules and
Wire Management Optional Cable Tower
Shows Miro Edge (with optional Charcoal stain) and Welded Steel Viga Leg with White Aluminum powdercoat
Rectangle Conference Table:
environments require access to power and commutation in a
wide range of application spaces. Miro Conference and
Meeting tables may be specified with a range of drop-in
power and data modules to enhance functionality and
support flexible work zones.
Miro tables are shaped from
double-refined, medium density fiberboard and finished
with high pressure, commercial-grade laminates. Legs are
made from cold-rolled steel with TIG welded joints. The
edges of the 1 1/4 inch surface are profiled with a
sweeping chamfer into which bases are recessed. The thin,
exposed profile and floating effect creates visual
lightness atop the robust, steel foundation.
Standard Laminate Surface (SmartGrain Surface is
PME 5-3 Power / Data Modules (5 electric
power outlets, plug-in cord, and 3 open ports)
ports for Data, Phone, HDMI, VGA,
Stereo Audio, USB 3.0, or USB Charging Ports
Power / Data Modules available (Call our design
specialists to specify requirements)
- Wire management capabilities with an Optional Cable Tower
or Leg Channel
to bottom of leg rail is 26-1/4 inches. Be sure
height accommodates your chair arms.
ensure longevity of powder coat finish on the Viga
leg rail, use seating with Urethane arms.
selecting a conference table, keep 36 to 48 inches of
space from the edge of the table to a wall or other
Acquisition and Application Value
While Miro presents a rich aesthetic, it occupies a unique
niche in the furniture market that is substantially below
the cost of traditional executive office products. In
addition to lower cost of acquisition, Miro furniture is far
more durable, easier to install, and less expensive to
maintain than many private office offerings.
- While Miro offers substantial functional advantages,
the offering makes an aesthetic statement that is at
once sophisticated and refreshing, traditional and
contemporary, lightweight and solid.
Exceedingly balanced and well proportioned, Miro's
handsome horizontal lines accentuate its rich materials
and convey an uncommon sense of honesty and refinement.
It is relaxed, professional bearing connects intimately
with the energized, young-at-heart segment of the
workforce sought by all progressive organizations.
Lighten up the conference environment with the clean
lines of Miro Conference tables and versatile ancillary
elements. Collaborative landscapes are achieved using
progressive designs that maximize connectivity and
facilitate creativity. Built-in cable management (right)
makes routing data, video, audio, and power to the table
top a clutter-free process.
Sag-free Miro conference tables are supported by a robust
steel substructure beneath the work surface. Shown with
Optional Wire Management Clips and Leg Channel
Left: PME 5-3 - 5 Power / 3 Open Ports
Right: PMHO 2-1 - 2 Power / 1 Open Port
HDMI, VGA, Audio, Data, USB, and USB Charging Ports are
Power and Technology Access -
high-tech conference room demands advanced power and
communication capabilities. Watson's use of industry
standard component options meet both light and complex
conferencing needs. Small Miro Conference tables are
available with the PMHO 2 Power receptacles and 1
universal Technology Port per drop-in unit with
a 120-inch plug-in power cord. Large Miro Conference tables are
available with the PME 5 Power receptacles and 3
universal Technology Ports per drop-in unit with
hardwire or 120-inch plug-in power cord. All 48, 54, and 60
inch wide tables are available with an Optional
Cable Tower or Leg Channel for simple, clean cable management that
blends seamlessly into the design of the conference
of Sight Wiring -
The perfect example
of form meets function, the Optional Cable Tower
offers versatility in every detail. With a
detachable acrylic side panel and multiple zip tie
points to secure technology wires, the Cable Tower
was designed with simple and clean cable management
in mind. Reflective of the Miro design aesthetic,
the Cable Tower blends seamlessly into any office
atmosphere. The Cable Tower package consists of the
acrylic tower design and also two steel opacity
panels which can be installed for added shielding if
desired. The opacity panels are powdered steel and
installed behind the acrylic panels for a
Optional Wire Management - Cable Tower
Optional Wire Management - Channel Leg
MIRO | Worksurface & Design
MIRO tables are shaped from double-refined, medium density fiberboard and finished with high pressure, commercial-grade laminates. The edges of the 1 1/4-inch surface are profiled with a sweeping chamfer into which bases are recessed. The thin, exposed profile and floating effect creates visual lightness atop the robust, steel foundation. The angular geometric MIRO base is formed from 14 gauge, triangular steel tube elegantly mitred at the corners and fixed to the worksurface using concealed steel brackets.
- MIRO Leg Tube - The triangular MIRO Leg tube is .083 inch thick, induction welded, cold rolled steel, mill-formed on a progressive die line from coiled 14 gauge sheet steel.
- MIRO Bridge Legs - MIRO Bridge legs are formed from tube that is CNC miter cut and TIG welded at twin 45 degree joints. Two identical brake-formed, 12 gauge, cold rolled sheet steel brackets use a channel structure for rigidity.
- MIRO Single Legs - MIRO single legs (used at the corners of Verve tables) are made from triangular MIRO tube. The mounting plate is formed from 12 gauge, cold rolled sheet steel that is perimeter MIG welded from the top, hiding the weld for cleaner appearance and a stronger seam.
- MIRO Foot - The cast aluminum MIRO foot is mechanically secured to the MIRO leg tube. A leveling glide is threaded into the foot for a maximum 1 inch height adjustment. A hexagonal head is molded into the glide to allow for in-position leveling.
- Materials - MIRO worksurfaces are approximately 1 1/4-inch thick and are composed of synthetic laminate and backing material bonded to a 1 1/8- inch MDF (medium density fiberboard) board. The MDF is double refined for strength and a uniform finish.
- Worksurfaces - that have open spans in excess of 48 inches include heavy gauge steel reinforcement to reduce deflection.
- Metal-to-Metal Connections - Legs are fastened to desk surfaces with machine screws threaded into metal inserts at multiple locations.
- Integrated Snap Clip Slots - All MIRO worksurfaces feature embedded snap clip slots that accept proprietary Snap Clips (sold separately).
- Grommets - Factory installed grommets are available for all shapes. Angles have one grommet toward the 28 inch end. Rectangles and Wedges, 60 inches and under in length, have one grommet located toward the middle of the length. All other shapes have two grommets.
- Edges - The MIRO edge is shaped by a custom profiled CNC cutting head that exposes the MDF substrate. The profile is hand finished with water-based clear coat or stain.
- Dimensioning - Actual MIRO worksurface dimensions (length & width) are 1/2-inch shorter than stated.
Watson - The Company
Watson Desking is a nationally-distributed US manufacturer of European-inspired office furnishings. Watson offers a broad range of modular, free-standing products that embody the principles of adjustability, space-efficient shapes, and design for emergent technologies. Utilizing materials with high recycled content and low emissions, Watson Desking provides furniture solutions that can help customers meet their own environmental initiatives, including LEED certification.
CONSTRUCTION WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Watson Desking products are protected during shipping with reusable blankets and wood pallets that are either returned to the factory or retained by the delivery company. This diverts construction debris from the project site, and allows the packaging to either be recycled or reused by the manufacturer.
- Projects within 500 miles from our manufacturing facility in Poulsbo, WA, benefit from our location and use of regionally sourced materials.
RAPIDLY RENEWABLE MATERIALS
- The Watson Studio design modification process can be used to specify core and surface materials meeting the 10 year maximum harvest cycle for this credit.
- All Watson Desking board suppliers participate in the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), as well as provide material certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). LEED projects seeking this credit can specify FSC certified core material through our Studio design process.
INNOVATION IN DESIGN
- Up to three LEED points can be earned for providing exceptional performance above LEED credit standards. Customers using the Watson Studio design modification process can specify products and materials that meet the design intent for this credit area.
REGIONAL PRIORITY CREDITS - LEED 2009 introduced this new area with the intent to highlight geographically important issues. These credits are not new, but rather existing credits within the rating systems and are specific to a projectÍs location, based on zip code (see usgbc.org). Projects earning any 4 of the 6 specified credits (1 bonus point each) can receive a total maximum of 4 points in this area.