Great Openings TRACE Freestanding Desks
Great Openings is the dealer sales division of Metalworks, Inc.,
located on the shores of Lake Michigan in Ludington, Michigan. The
company has provided quality metal filing and storage products to the
office furniture industry for almost 30 years.
The Trace Freestanding Desks are a modular system of desk shells, returns, bridges, corner units, hutches, tables, and individual components that can be mixed and matched with a comprehensive selection of Great Openings storage. Great Openings is a proud recipient of the National Shingo Prize for operational excellence.
All Great Openings products include a lifetime warranty and meet ANSI-BIFMA standards for durability and safety. All components are shipped unassembled, with the exception of our full hutches and corner hutches, which are assembled prior to shipment.
- Ease of specification. All work surfaces rest primarily on panel and corner legs, rather than pedestals. Storage options are innumerable, and simply slide beneath the desk shells, return shells, and corner desks for quick installation
- Ease of assembly. All metal attachment points are pre-drilled, so that no –drill point” screws are required during installation. All modesty panels attach to panel legs and corner legs, rather than to pedestals
- Ease of work surface installation. Pre-drilled work surfaces make it easy to position legs, pedestals, and center drawers
- Wire management. Covered metal channels, work surface and panel leg grommets, and –place it yourself” plastic wire management channels provide a complete wire management solution
- Clean lines. All modesty panels are single piece, to minimize vertical lines. Desk legs, pedestals, and full height modesty panels are identical in height so that horizontal lines are consistent
- Horizontal lines consistent with other products. The Trace desk hutch matches the height of our 65 7/8” Trace lateral files, towers, and bookcases for consistent horizontal alignment throughout
|Wire Management Features|
A. Panel leg grommets option with no up-charge.
B. Plastic wire management channels - one 18” channel included with each panel and corner leg.
C. Work surface grommets - one or two grommets included in all work surfaces.
D. Modesty panels in two heights allow wires to run beneath.
E. Rubber wire management strip included with each desk hutch.
F. LED light wire channel is formed into hutch shelves.
G. Covered vertical hutch channel for task light wire.
H. Wire management channel covers for panel legs & corner legs are sold separately.
I. Power/voice/data miniport is available as an accessory.
- Finishes - All products are available in 55 standard colors, with an additional 130+ –Industry Favorite” colors also offered as a standard. Great Openings also welcomes custom color requests.
- Fabrics _ Available in 12 solid colors from C.F. Stinson. C.O.M. fabrics are also welcome.
- Laminates - HPL with 3mm PVC edge. Choose from 15 Wilsonart patterns. Custom laminates are also welcome.
- Wire management covers for panel and corner legs.
- Translucent privacy screen with aluminum posts.
- Tackable privacy screen with hidden posts.
- Task Lights: LED and fluorescent.
- Miniport power/voice/data outlet.
- Center Drawers, both metal and plastic.
This Great Openings Desk Configuration Includes:
- DK 3072 * N - 30” x 72” desk shell, no modesty, no grommets in legs
- HGC 7202 L - 72” full desk hutch with loop pulls
- VT 48-BK - 48” task light
- EL 3111 - 28” wss pedestal, box/box/file
- BR 2442N - 24” x 42” bridge, no modesty
- PD 3072 * N - 72” –D” peninsula, no modesty
- RG H1B2 - 30” wide x 65 7/8” high combo lateral/storage cabinet
- Overall footprint: 102"D x 102"W